- Reception: My biggest concern right now is capacity of the club house, and if we get the outside patio as well. Something in the contract makes me question the patio part but we will definitely need that area too.
- Flowers: my bouquet, Quinn, Keith and Steve's boutonnieres
- Getaway car: the Miata [of course!]
- Photographer: working on it, have a few options
- Food: working on it. I think we can do this as a team. And Lisa (of Bob and Lisa) with her catering background can put the buffet together well. If we have the kids and I have 2 more friends volunteered to help keep the buffet going, drinks flowing, etc. I really want to just have it catered but that would mean changing the date to 2015.
- Music: iPod - which means we have to come up with some music - our selection is not enough or necessarily the best for this type of reception, no dance floor so we won't worry too much about "dance music". Just good lively keep the party going music. Is Kevin a music guy? If anyone has CD's I can download them to my iPod.
- Invitations: I have the picture in my head so I will work on that
- More to come
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
The Details:
Before we get too far into this: I have to say there are a few conditions that need to be met. The capacity of the club house, and then we have to finalize our budget. I am thinking we may have a better idea by Christmas [we have some things changing in the next few months and that will have an impact on the budget]. So by then we will have to decide the size of the guest list and whether we can move forward with this date of 2013. To get a decent photographer (and believe me I have been searching for them for 5 years!) it will mean everything else has to be DIY. I will not accept potluck [and yes I know it's different than the team of us putting the great appetizers together], if I think that we are going to end up with a cheap feeling party I will just have to change the date. This has been the toughest decision to make and I am still not sure we are going through with it for 2013.
Labels:
The Details
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment