I talked to Mary today (my old boss, co-owner of the catering company and she said they will (want to) do the catering at cost as our wedding present, and it will probably be $5 to $6 per person. We went over some options, and they are going to get me a full quote this weekend (by next week). They have plates, forks, and all the serving items needed. They will bring the clear plastic cups, etc. Frankly I was running basic numbers (somewhat realistic based on our last 5 parties and it would cost us the same, or if less not much less. Worth it) We will need to buy beer and wine but they can get us discounts on some of that.
The only thing we will need to do is: I have a few serving items that can be used (that they may not need but I like and would like to use them), and we will need to rent, buy, or use existing tablecloths. So if we are looking at 60 people at $6 per person, that is well within what we can do because we won't have to rent plates (or a few other items) either.
The next challenge is the cake. I talked to Lisa. She has done 2 wedding cakes but doesn't like the pressure of it. They will be returning from Pendleton the day of the wedding so I think that is out. Keith and I know a professional cake baker so I am going to talk to her. I think that might work. ( http://www.lecookiemonkey. com/ I just looked, and she has raised her prices. She was $2.50 per head last year, now $4.25 Hhhmmmmmm....) Just looked, one of my other top choices - i think she is friends with my boss - has better prices and i love her cakes so we are going to schedule a tasting with her. Sherrie are you in for that?? http://www.cakesportlandor. com/pictures-cakes-cupcakes- cake-pops-portland-or/wedding- cakes/ Oh my gosh, she was one of my top choices and I didn't have it bookmarked, I came across it again by accident!! Yay, I'll let you know how the tasting goes!
Sherrie and I are going dress shopping tomorrow. That should help at least make it easier to know what styles/color choices I like.
The photographer we talked to last year has (more than) doubled their prices but said they would honor last years prices because we were already talking to them. It's still a little steep (for our budget) but SO much less than all the others we've liked. Jamie has a friend who is a photographer. I've only seen her work on facebook and it's fine, but I haven't fallen in love with it. Jamie is going to talk to her this weekend about pricing because her base price it well above our top budget consideration. There is another option that is about $600 but I don't know their details, so I am waiting for more information on them as well.
I think we are just going to go with 60 guests - primarily family.
I have lengthy lists and spreadsheets, and I think I have all the details that need to be decided or addressed. I am putting together a web site that has pictures that represent the ideas in my head!! http://jergwed.blogspot.com/ The four of us can communicate by email unless anyone has a better idea, so if it's wedding related just his REPLY ALL. And if you weren't planning on being part of the Fab 4 Wedding Committee, think again!! :)
OK, I have to get some sleep for dress shopping tomorrow! More soon I am sure!
love,
No comments:
Post a Comment