Monday, January 21, 2013

1.21.13 Cake Search

After looking at several options here is where we are at on the cake search.

Lisa and Bob are returning from Pendleton the day of the wedding, so although I have not asked her, nor has she offered, to make the cake, I think their trip negates that as an option.  And she doesn't love to make wedding cakes, so I think that is all ok.

If it comes down to it I will make the cake, because quite frankly I have gotten to the point where the cakes are easy, and what I want is not all that complicated.

Having said that, I am still looking for a cake option.  I have 2 cupcake options:  Cupcake Jones in Portland, that will be about $250 to $300 for the full 125-150 gust list.  For 50 guests will be in the $150 range.  They are great cupcakes but I am not in love with them.  And Christie (at work, who has also agreed to be our day-of coordinator) can and has made cupcakes.  She actually did the cupcakes for her daughters wedding a few months ago.

BUT my first choice is CAKE.  I would love a 2-3 tier cake (depending on the guest count) but I am willing to consider several smaller cakes, coordinated to look good together, and on different height stands.  So as I am talking to cake people I am asking for quotes/ideas for both of those scenarios.

We originally thought we were going with Le Cookie Monkey, but she has almost doubled her price in the past year.  Then I came across one of my bookmarked cakes, and that is Laurie Clarke Cakes.  We are cake tasting on 1/31/2013.

If you look at her cakes and read the reviews on various sites (that she does not control) you drool.  It's just that simple.  So I am looking forward to tasting them myself!  The fact that she is seriously the lowest price I have found, bonus!  Because that gives us the option to consider their services.

No comments:

Post a Comment