Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Photographer Interview #1:

Tonight Keith and I met with Loni and Bekah, photographers who work under the title Twig & Twitch.  They asked us a lot of questions, answered all of our (my) questions, even the ones I forgot to ask because my list was at home.  I really like their work, and with TWO photographers you get different perspectives.  They were both independent photographers, they are now sisters-in-law and have been working together for three years.  We also discussed some options for the day, and with 10 hours of coverage and two photographers we have some great options.

They are offering us their 2012 pricing because we were in discussion for this date with them last fall.  The 2013 pricing has been greatly increased, and while I appreciate that we wouldn't have to pay the higher price, I really love their work so the lack of an increase is bonus. We would get a full day with all pictures on a CD for $1400 (their new price is more than double that).  We would also get an engagement session (1 hour) which would allow us to work with them and them to learn a bit more about us - how to shoot my double chin and how to get Keith to not stand straight as a board and to smile!  LOL  (they've offered us solutions for that already!)

Ken (at work) has another photographer for us to talk to, I will be getting her contact information tomorrow.

There is also a friend of Jamie's from college who is a professional photographer, and her standard base price for weddings is $2600, she has offered to do our wedding for $1000.  I like her work but it's one photographer and while I think her work is awesome it doesn't make me tingle!  ;)  Some of her pictures are here but her most current work is on Facebook, including some pictures of Barrett (his newborn and 6 month old pictures).  The other point is that she is newly pregnant so will have a one-two month old at our wedding date.  I am sure it would be fine, but it's another consideration.

Lastly there is Weddingbug.com.  They have 3 levels of photography pricing.  Starting at $595 for 4 hours of coverage, $795 for 6 hours of coverage.  One photographer, all digital images, but you fill out a long survey and they match you up with a 'best choice' and you get to meet them two weeks before the wedding.  All photographers are guaranteed to have the best equipments, average of 12 years of pro experience, and highly screened before they are hired.  BUT meeting them two weeks before, and one photographer.  The price is right, so I guess it depends on where we stand when we make all the other budget-minded decisions.  However, based on my own heart and all my research and some feedback from friends this is where I want to invest.  I know there is never a guarantee but I have 3 friends who all went with the cheaper/boring/less experienced photographer and all wish they had gone with their gut.

No comments:

Post a Comment